Monday, April 11, 2011

half baked still

Here's more what I was thinking about yesterday. The oval/circles I like best come from discharging - the hot wax is much more willful and harder to control. These processes are both time consuming and messy and this whole week I am very short of free time so I am going to let everything rest until the weekend.

I'm going to be pulling many pieces from the stash for similar treatments - they thought they were safe, all ironed and folded on the shelf. HAH!


I did a rare thing last night -spent four consecutive hours watching TV (I should have been sleeping) the pilot and second episode of "The Killing" on AMC.

I can't put my finger on what is so compelling about what could be boiled down to yet another cop drama. The complexity and dominance of character reminds me of "Homicide, Life in the Streets" and there's a dash of David Lynch. Strong performances from unknown actors. It all adds up to really good TV. 

3 comments:

Heartwideopen said...

I LOVE the Purple dots and the Magenta dots. I mean, REALLY love them! This is a very interesting technique and I can't wait to see more. Are any of these going into the shop??

HuGGs!
:~) Debi

Jeannie said...

I love the top piece. What a rich purple! Have a good week and let you thumb return to normal coloration. ;)

arlee said...

glow baby glow!