Saturday, April 23, 2011

spoze-yah update




I like the overall effect but it was a whole lot of work although the process could be refined to make enough fabric for a project in one session. Not as much "creep" as I wanted from the dye...thickener maybe. Maybe doing the creep thing after the blocks are stitched together and wet with soda ash. More trials to come.


I came into a large quantity of thick poly felt and wanted to see how it went under the needle. Machine quilting here is too mannered for my taste. Hand quilting is in order but not for a while.

4 comments:

Ellen Lindner said...

How very creative of you to encourage dye to bleed! I think this idea has great potential and I look forward to seeing where you take it.

jude said...

oh i love the bleeding!

arlee said...

"let it bleed" oh yeah yeah yeah

Lorie McCown said...

I love this. Excellent results.