Friday, May 09, 2014

denim blues

Remember this?
Well, without my Goodman to rein in the insanity, I spent the rest of the afternoon, paving over an entire queen-size poly mattress protector with chunks of  his worn out blue jeans.

It always seemed like a sin to throw out good denim so I have stacks of them in the closet.

He would have stopped me and said "Doncha think this is gonna be a little bit heavy when you're done?"

I should have noticed that when I was horsing it around under the sewing machine needle.

I took it outside to hang over the deck railing for pictures and it nearly took me over with it. Ten, fifteen pounds? There are eight pairs of jeans here.

So, I just got finished with a quick and dirty dismemberment. Lament not! I'm just going to find a different way to make it happen with maybe a little planning and forethought instead of just plain passion.

Meanwhile, up at the mailbox garden, the peonies have finally started to pop. I hate that this is happening in the face of two thunderstormy days...the flowers will get beat down if the rain is heavy. I may wind up cutting a lot of them and bringing them inside if I can take the aroma. The two different colors have distinctly different fragrances, but both are heavy, spicy and sweet.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Beauty and bittersweet humor all together here! That flower is gorgeous.
I once used part of an old quilted bed pad (mattress cover) for a quilt (wall hanging)...oh yes that heavy feeling!!! I can only imagine the weight of all those jeans.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

I don't know if I could Braves this, but I do plan to make potholders from jeans. I did not know that peonies were fragrant...may have to try growing one, to start, after seeing your lovely one.