Sunday, April 05, 2015

New tradition

We haven't done Easter since the boys were old enough to realize that too much chocolate was bad for their skin.

Prior to that, it was a combination of Christmas and Halloween with a few much-coveted, basket sized  toys, colored hardboiled eggs that only Jim and I ate until we were sick of them and the aforementioned candy. It was a completely secular and commercial celebration that I was happy to see the backside of.

There were always gatherings at either or both of our parents homes.
Those  I miss.

Going forward, I'll use the date to test drive the seasons dye colors. The ones above are only the new ones. I have at least this many leftover from last years. Add starting the pool cleanup and maybe some gardening to this and we have a weekend of useful stuff to do that's not drenched in calories or hypocrisy.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

A good use of dye! Always love the look of sample charts :)

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I like your idea! If it hadn't been so windy, I would have been out for a long walk, but stayed inside and dyed shirts instead...

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe that this amazing site needs much more attention. I'll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the
info!

Here is my webpage: organic gardening tip