Monday, May 18, 2015

early returns

I was just standing in front of the washing machine with my forehead on the lid making prayers to the Overlords of Particulate Physics that this litter of rags should TURN OUT RIGHT.

And, although my eye says "YES" my heart is still a clenched fist until they dry and maybe get ironed.

All this angst over a dream, which may have been a nightmare.

I could blame it (the dream, not a possible dye fail) on wallowing in the Madmen finale and trying to match everyone drink for drink, but those of you who know me also know that that would be nonsense. Still, I was pretty smashed after watching both the show and the encore.

I want to write more about Madmen, but I don't want to be assassinated by some random fan for spoiling it for them.

Besides, I won't write a lick until I find an image of Don stepping out of what I think was a '69 Chevelle SS 454. I didn't know where to look first as he took off the helmet.

It was always about the car.


Back to the nightmare.

Heisenberg, his mask perched over his glasses, sweat running off his face and fumes coming from his hazmat suit like vapors from hell,  leaning across the teacher's desk and intoning.

     "If you warm that bile with blood, better make damn sure it's royal blood and not that damned monkey juice you are so fond of!" 

 I knew exactly what he was talking about!

(note to self. don't forget what H said about the soywax and soul windows)

6 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i can feel it

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I laughed in surprise and delight at the Mad Men final scene... perfect! As for your dye experiment... best of luck to ya! I have pretty much given up trying for an exact outcome with my dyes. Better to do the footwork and turn over the results, than make myself crazy. But I know how it feels to have a vision (or nightmare!) and want to see it in the light of day...

Deb Lacativa said...

Mission accomplished

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

yes???? it's how you imagined
it might be???????

Deb Lacativa said...

Yes, Grace. Hard and true the transitions like a ghost passing from one room to the next and I know how to control that - step it up or draw it out. Water, gravity and timing. It's a good thing this shit's not explosive!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

this is so so
cool

that you know

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee