Monday, November 20, 2017

pending







It's bigger than I thought it would be.





I don't want to get enamored of this snowfield, in fact, I may just take those linen pieces back. They can be strong on their own rather than be pushed into a background.







Especially when the players I'm auditioning are such a rowdy bunch. I can decide if I am in the mood for mindful tranquility or mindless raucousness.

I need to clear some space in the studio so I can work this one on the design wall. Take my time. Have the conversations.


3 comments:

Ms. said...

More!

Joanne S said...

That is a wide expanse of white. And those are some bodacious pieces of color.
Do you cut away from behind once a new layer is on top?

I am so miserly with your fabric that I often cut away from underneath so I will still have a bit for the "future".
Always love seeing your finished work!!!!!!!!

Deb Lacativa said...

That's the problem I have with building on a solid base..I get basting away like a madwoman and can't cut away things that get buried. Heinous waste and heavy, thick pieces to stitch through.