Wednesday, April 11, 2018

the compulsion

Also home with me from Florida, a butt load of cotton print scraps. Just what I need, right?! A full washing machine load of these little darlings. As you can see by the pink roses on the black background of my pjs, I have a tiny print fetish.

When I first saw them piled on the help-yourself table, I thought they were dismembered hospital gowns, but no, the hand is soft and the selvage reads "Made in France 100% cotton". Most of the pieces are less than a fat quarter and way wonkier.

If I sew them all together I might have enough to make myself a djellaba or a mumu or something soft and flowy and not for public display. More pajamas!


6 comments:

Morna said...

’Tis a sickness, yes? A lovely, messy sickness. Or a wellness. I don’t know. :-)

Joanne S said...

I also fall into a tizzy over tiny prints. It's just DNA.

Joanne S said...

Hey--if you have time--I would like some of the selvages that read made in France. I like the color dots as well. I just love anything that says France or Paris on it. DMC thread says France on the labels.

Deb Lacativa said...

I'll save them for you.

Joanne S said...

Thank you.

Dakotah said...

Wow, what a find! I found some French variegated sewing thread at the local thrift store and I cherish it, although I certainly didn't "need" it. Still, I feel special every time I use it!