Friday, April 24, 2020

a week's worth

This time, I got to pick from what was left because I had no specific project in mind.

Dirty Threads are on the way, some went Tuesday, FLOWER went today. I have no idea how long the mail takes these days. Let me know when stuff gets there?

I'm looking forward to the next run, but it's going to be a while. Raw materials of this sort are not considered essential.
The view out my kitchen window one day this week when it wasn't pouring rain. I think it was Wednesday.

Our lawn is so lush it will be a shame to cut it. Makes me wish for sheep. I would plant it all to flowers and veggies, but there's barely any direct sunlight.








I'm going to do some research to see if I can get more information about this tablecloth before I turn it into a robe. The patterns are unique and I've seen a lot of damask tablecloths in my time messing with the cloth.


3 comments:

Dana said...

That tablecloth is a beauty. I've never seen a pattern like that.

CF said...

Damn, why didn't I buy every one or those tablecloths when they were so available?

CF said...

I have a few of these that my mom brought back from Japan when we lived there from 1949 to 1951. Every one of them is still in great condition. One that I bought from an estate sale several years ago has tattered edges and a couple worn holes, and that's the one I plan to use for my kimono in Jude's class once I finish my practice one.