Sunday, October 14, 2007

for my birthday I got THE CHAIR!

I had quite given up on finding a comfortable chair for doing handwork to put in my studio. Wasted time looking at pictures of chairs but never got my ass out to get acquainted with any of them. As more and more things came into the room there seemed to be less for even the notion of a comfortable place to sir and sew. When I got home yesterday afternoon I found that once again, Jim knew my mind before I knew I had one and had hunted down and brought home the Perfect Chair, one that met all the rigorous "must haves" and "gotta be's" that I must have been talking in my sleep about, and installed it in my studio. He also had a half pound of cooked shrimp waiting and a good thing because by the time I headed home from the meeting (more on that in another post) road kill was looking good. Previously loved and hardly ever sat in, it's the perfect size, shape, color, fabric - the list goes on. I'm one of those shoppers who most often comes home empty handed due to sheer pickyness. Jim found just what I was thinking about and made it happen for me.

3 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Deb, you have a real treasure there ... yes, the chair, but especially JIM!

Denise Aumick said...

Oh Deb! You recently mentioned being inspired to do more hand work and now JIM has made it more of a reality for you. I can't wait to see what work happens as a result of sitting in your handwork chair. Is your computer in the same room? You can sit, stitch and stream radio programs and have a heck of a good time. The hours will fly by!
Denise

Julaine said...

I'm jealous...may all the goddesses of comfort be with you in your stitching!