Sunday, October 12, 2008

not just imagining threadpainting

Feeling much better today. Being recently under the weather gives me a good excuse to avoid big issues like pressure washing the pool. Instead, I spent most of the day working on making this come to life. Unlike Jude, I have no patience for silk's delicate sulkiness and am only too happy to pinch it, stab it into submission and then nail it into place with a million little thrills. Much related to my new job, I have a new appreciation for my Janome.

4 comments:

arlee said...

WOW! LOVE the crochet additions! Now i shall have to dig out the pieces you sent me and whip them into shape onto something as well. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of this piece!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece. I love the combination of the rich colors with the neutral embroidery.

Anonymous said...

Deb, I love reading your blog. Miss seeing you. amy holland

susan said...

glad you are feeling better and able to pick up the needle again. i liked the thread painting thing. i always enjoy your work...keep it up. wonder who did get in to qn this year.