Tuesday, June 16, 2015

at this rate

...I might finish this one around Christmas. So I'm going to put it in a gallon ziploc bag with all the essential tools and a small selection of thread and possible scrap contenders so I can have it with me, if and when the mood strikes. It's been happening from time to time while Charlie settles in for a nap. I can never tell if he's going down for an hour or just fifteen minutes!

Been kind of pre-occupied lately  battling paper dragons on all points of the compass; IRS, SS, local courts, other legal entities. "Who put me in charge of all this Shit?" she muttered as she stood before the mirror.

Summer spins on and the book is starting to fall into place. It's too hot to do any walking, but working the wet office has become part of the daily (well, three or four days a week) routine.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! I use gallon ziploc bags for my sewing too! every time, thinking: "should I have a nice handmade BAG at the ready?@!@@!" sorry to hear about the awful admin, regulatory bullshit... I administered my mother's estate, and also handled all the insurance and benefit stuff that arose when my sister almost died in 2009 -- it's so much shit you never wanted to know about, right? For awhile in 2010, I was living in what I called 'alphabet soup' (you know -- SSI, FMLA, SSDI, COBRA, EAEDC, MassHealth ECOB, more recently - CODI). ugh. Hang in there.

Nancy said...

So sorry you have to do all this grown up stuff. The big messy complicated stuff. Ugh. At least lil Charlie will keep you blessed with love nibbles!