Thursday, June 11, 2020

dream teeth

It's too big to show in one piece. 84" on a side, not counting the teeth. But it's just the size I wanted. Now I can put away the duvet and feather quilt, which, nine nights out of ten, winds up on the floor.

At this point in the process, I'm going to use it as it. Let the pieced front and the muslin back get comfy and close without any pins or stitching. 

Then, as the spirit moves me, I'll start stitching them together with some 12wt. Sulky cotton. Nothing crazy, four to six stitches per inch.

I need to remember to work with the backside to me  so I can see what's going on. Stitching will be mostly lost in all that print on the front. Words? Spells? Song lyrics? Whatever comes to me at the time. For now, stitch needs to take a rest.

2 comments:

Angie said...

This is wonderful, complete with kitty! I think I am going to have to start one for myself, and without batting. I've never done one with batting in all of the years of quilting. Perfect summer weight cover.

Nancy said...

Looks great! I wish my teeth were so pretty! Ha
What if we had calico teeth?! :)