Sunday, April 26, 2009

colored

This is a long strip of the coarser chicken feed sack fabric from Rosemary. I've learned a lesson about being over impressed with wet stuff. I won't have any pictures of finished products until later in the week. Let's just say I bit off more than I could chew today. I fact, I'm choked. This is one of several salt/dyed pieces coiled up in baggies and waiting to hatch. Damask and natural muslin sandwiched together this time, sharing the crystals and dye. This piece has had soy wax treatment and is waiting for color. It's in the washing machine right now cause I just had to see one of them today. Too much sun, too much fun. I am whupped. Chef Jim prepared fabulous flat iron steak, 'tater salad and 'maters and olive on the side. Summer fare for Summery Sunday.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Again: Jealous (1) of your weather.

I can't wait to see what develops from these fabrics

jude said...

this dyeing stuff is such alchemy.