Thursday, March 20, 2014

recalcitrant beast

It's going to take a lot more work to get this beast to live up to it's potential but I will have my way.

The soy wax was harder than I am used to and, using the little hotplate, I couldn't really get enough boiling water through it to clear the wax. Then I spent much of the afternoon ironing the wax out onto newspaper..the new definition of tedium.
So, I'm going to bring it home to my dyedeck as it and make it a priority. I think the big chili pot will do the trick.

4 comments:

jude said...

that's what i hate about wax

sophie said...

It's really quite wonderful ... I hope you feel it's worth the effort (if not, you can send it to me, because i do.)

arlee said...

can't wait to see your magic needle fly across this

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Wow! I am usually able to remove soy wax with tap hot water... you must have piled it on hot & heavy! Maybe a run through the washing machine when you get home will do it? I can't imagine having a pot large enough to boil it in. But I know it will be worth your time and effort!