Sunday, March 02, 2014

home from away

This is where I am from. The power, elegance and solidarity of these creatures marked every day.

Patty & Robbie

We had dinner at the Blazer pub in honor of Poppy's birthday, the year and date  were still uncertain.

The next day  Robbie found a box with seemingly  every letter  Dad received while he was in the Navy.
His mother wrote him almost daily. There was one from his sister Vera dated Feb. 23, 1943 wishing him a Happy Birthday the next day. Now we have the date right. We may never find out the exact year and he would be okay with that.

Charlie Brown & Kitty
Deep thanks to my sisters Patty and Kitty and my brother Rob for putting me up and putting up with me for a whole week.

I spent  hours in the unheated attic claiming pictures from my mother's picture albums - many I've never seen before.. You'll see many over time.

1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Glad you got home safe, and it sounds like a nice visit... love the Swans!