Sunday, March 30, 2014

sunday gold

We had a brief power failure last night while I was working so I went downstairs and cooked by candlelight - my version of red beans and rice; add sauteed chorizo and onions. I'll be eating out of that pot all week. While I was waiting for it to cook, I rewashed one of the FL hanks hand dyed six strand DMC. I can't wait to start working with it! The variations in this one are subtle..the others are more obvious. It'a beautiful, sunny day so I'll be able to set them all out in the sun to dry.


4 comments:

arlee said...

such a warm glow--perfect on another cold grey Calgary day

Els said...

Good to hold a bit of Sunshine in your hand ....
A good day to you Deb !

Ms. said...

It is the most shining of colors. I wonder if you are using chemical Dyes? Or is it even possible to get this intensity with any natural dye? Your silvered and diamond bedecked fingers and wrist is the perfect model.

susan hemann said...

What a glorious color!