Monday, October 19, 2009

getting back to normal


I guess if it's Monday I have  to leave for work shortly but I have this little scrap to take along with me. Over the weekend I actually had time to get a sleeve sewn on to a large piece and start a new little piece of hand music. Speaking of which - I accidentally gave my ipod a lobotomy the other day so I grabbed a pile of dusty old CDs and convinced my GoodMans laptop to put them onto the empty ipod.  One of the files was a radio program I favor from NY called Idiots Delight.  So on 10.19.09 I was listening  to a show from sometime in 2006 but the announcer started out saying "Vin won't be broadcasting from Studio V tonight because his phone line is down so here's a show from 07/06/02" wherein Vin played a clip from 8.01.2000 where a  puppet named Oogie was a guest on the show..(I'm still falling through the time rabbit hole here). In one ear I am listening to people giving accident reports and in the other ear the puppet is getting out of hand and I can't help chuckling while people are telling me about the damage to whatever or someone who was choking on a bone at a restaurant. My brain is split jelly.

2 comments:

Sue Reno said...

I love Idiot's Delight--the perfect antidote to canned corporate radio, with Vin's encyclopedic knowledge of music and superb storytelling skills.

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Surreal! No wonder you need handwork to keep you stable! And I love the kitty's plaintiff, long suffering gaze... "can't you ever just pay attention to me for even one minute, puh-lease?"