Sunday, October 25, 2009

re-purposing dead sweaters




Remember this poor wool sweater that I accidentally felted? (Note the bare, cold toes who are wondering how people can wear wool socks?) It was lying on the floor in the studio by my stitching chair and I just scooted my  feet inside it just to see what all the fuss about wool footwear is. Amazing!

The sleeves from the sweater (which fell into a dyepot too) have been made into the toastiest, softest slippers and gotten a job as the photographers assistant. I couldn't wait to sew on the other eyes to show them off.




5 comments:

arlee said...

NARF those are ace and i would so wear them too :}

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Clever! Every crisis presents an opportunity... ;->

jude said...

oh ha! i love u

Morna Crites-Moore said...

Love what you did with your sweater sleeves!

Leslie said...

You so rock, those are the kewlest!