Saturday, June 26, 2010

silk velvet


A few years back I did a booming season selling hand dyed silk/rayon velvet scarves at a few local craft fairs - no mean feat in Georgia. "The Velvet Lash" was quite successful for a while but in a years time were passed over in favor of the trixier ones that were crocheted or knitted with things like Monkey skins or copper wires and such..

I was probably selling them too cheaply but it was a learning experience and I came out ahead of the game. I had a few left over that were too garish for the crowd. They were originally dyed with Procion MX with bonds viciously to the rayon fibers. Since these were 80%rayon and 20% silk, I figured that the Colorhue dyes would not be wasted on them. I was right.

4 comments:

arlee said...

oh good lord those are hot juicy sexy love scarves!

Kim said...

Zowey!

mai anh van said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LINH NGUYEN said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.