Monday, June 21, 2010

remember stitching?

I'm working on a piece now that's designed in a way that I can work on separate elements of the thing at the office, between calls of course. It's going to be a big one when I finally put all the pieces together. It feels good to be thinking in terms of feet instead of inches again. The focus was getting way to close.

Now for the rookies at the office to get up to speed so I am not taking calls back to back, thank you very much. If anyone is thinking about a career that is recession proof, go to work for a company that has something to do with the litigious nature of our society.

Pity the poor restaurant owner who has to worry about a customer making a claim against him because the color of the walls in the dining room upset her stomach to the point where she decided to take the food to go.

She left the food in the car overnight but ate it on the way to work the next morning and then crapped herself in the car as she arrived at the office. She wants to be reimbursed for a day off from work, detailing the car, dry-cleaning her wardrobe and replacing her shoes. Oh, and throw in a pedicure and few free dinners too.

Sometimes my face hurts from trying not to laugh out loud.




5 comments:

Vicki W said...

OMG, Now I know for sure that we have gotten totally stupid in our society and lost ALL sense of personal responsibility. At least you get paid to be entertained!

O.V. said...

Amazing the sense of entitlement that leads to this kind of action. "I deserve to have my life be perfect, like a movie..." sheesh!

Quilt or Dye said...

Yep, if that story doesn't cause you to laugh, you have a problem with your funny meter.

Peg said...

I'd just have to go ahead and laugh out loud on that one. Eating spoiled food is the least of her problems!

bj said...

I've just found your delightful blog. I love your dyed fabrics and your wonderful sense of humor! I also live in Georgia (about 20 miles south of Chattanooga TN). We GA gals find something to smile about every day, don't we.....