Wednesday, July 27, 2011

sewing to go

 


There's a long post here about the two on-going hand work projects that I'll be taking along. 

There are some much bigger things on the horizon.





Here's most of the contents of my scrap jar flattened out and stacked tight. When it's rolled up, a mere cookie dough log in the sewing kit. It's SO aggravating that my tiny kit has to be checked and I can't work on anything during the flight.
So dangerous, these sewers, armed to the teeth with needles, pins and tiny scissors!

I don't know if I'll have easy/consistent computer access where I'm headed
so this may be a blog vacation too. Ciao4now.

7 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Hope the flight isn't too long! I've sworn off flying a/c can't take the wait, cramped & uncomfortable seats and incredible boredom without anything I can keep my hands busy with! Have a nice vacation!

Deb Lacativa said...

It's a short hop to NY...I've gotten into the habit of putting in double ear plugs, keeping on my shades and sleeping from wheels up to touchdown (as long as my seatmate isn't eating poached goat innards or rummaging in their rucksack.) Got several new paperbacks too.

Tricia C. said...

I flew last summer and was able to take my hand work on board with me. I made sure my scissors were small and not pointy. No one gave me any problems about the scissors or needles. You might want to check. Sewing is a great way to pass the time on board.

Anonymous said...

I used dental floss....I carried it on board and used it to cut the threads.....worth a shot.

Jeannie said...

Wishing you relaxing days where your soul is refreshed and new ideas abound. Have fun!!!

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

am late here, but...oh well
Safe Journey, Safe Return

Gabriela said...

in the future you may want to take with you a small Clover cutting wheel..You wear it liek a pendant..i like mine a lot!.email me for the link if you want. At any rate, I was allowed to take small embroidery type scissors traveling internationally.