Tuesday, August 16, 2011

catchup

I was not as fully divorced from electro-doings as I wanted these past days  but  still, lots got done.

On the other hand, there's nothing like a new bed to make one think about becoming an Olympic class sleeper. You just don't how bad the old bed was until you get a new one! I wake up feeling taller each day.

Work continues on RĂªver 3 but there are stronger value changes in this one and I am anticipating even more vivid ones in the future. Dreams will sometimes pass into nightmares without you noticing.





A pair of swan feathers underway...I keep telling myself "less is more"

  and finally, finally
I am tackling the construction of this large piece. Getting these very disparate types of cloth to lie down and true up is crazy pesky.

The darkest one in the foreground is vintage cotton sackcloth (thanks Rosemary), the middle part is the last of the Nantucket flea market damask tablecloths and the pale strip on the far edge  a vintage percale - a sheet from my Aunt  Jo's lodge in Flint Michigan.

These three pieces of cloth have been only been joined because of the colors I gave them. The whole process seems to be against their individual wills but I am taking the wheel with a firm hand.

5 comments:

jude said...

feathers, cloth, everything is always delicious here.

Vicky aka Stichr said...

i am sure the fabrics are behaving better than some granddaughters of mine...and i know i would rather tackle the fabric than the kids!

wonderful feathers!

i see that pussa-footer...

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Re: the bed... we got a sleep number last year, and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Now I need a sleep number pillow...

Robin Olsen said...

I like strong value changes, so am quite charmed by Rever 3. Gorgeous feather! Yes, I have trouble with that "less is more" concept too.

Rosemary@semo.net said...

You're welcome, Deb. I continue to admire your work. Your compositions are fascinating.