Thursday, August 25, 2011

morning stitch

Work continues in the shirt. this morning at least, Voodoo was not insisting on sitting on my lap as I worked. Do cats get senile as they get older?

I took the distant treasures out of the soda ash and hung them up to dry because I want the whites to stay strong under the wax this time. We don't anticipate feeling any affects of the hurricane here so I hope to do some more work with soy wax and dye over the next few days.

Is anyone else feeling a seasonal ennui?  Just when it cools off to the point when you don't sweat from breathing  I'm feeling a mental and physical lethargy  that seems to go to the bone. It's too boring to contemplate for long.

5 comments:

Vicky aka Stichr said...

this is the first time in years that i haven't felt ennui. i would be so sad because another summer would pass me by while i stayed home caring for my mom.

this time i get to go have a bit of summer, which may mean rain at the beach, pacific rain that is.

arlee said...

That's gonna be one Wicked Power Shirt, Woman! You're tempting me to have a crack at one myself!

deanna7trees said...

oh that shirt is looking fabulous.

Nancy said...

Your shirt is looking fabulous! I've got a treasured shirt similar to yours that belonged to my daddy. But, I don't know if I am ready to alter it. I wear it to make art, to feel close, to feel powerful. I love it!

Deb Lacativa said...

Nancy - I don't think I could do this to a treasured garment. This shirt is one of four identical shirts. LOL...they couldn't sell them (Mens size 4X) so they gave them to me. They have been smocks, housecoats, and all around coverups for years. Garments of great utility!