Friday, November 23, 2012

more snow carving



This one just out of the dryer and I am so delighted with the results. Overall it's 39"x42" .  I'm going back over the squares of color and doing some hand quilting in white to anchor the backing damask. More pictures when it's done.



The blocks of color are eight to ten inches wide and I have another 20 of them ready to be set in white.
One tiny corner of one piece of hand dyed fabric bled a small pink shadow less than one by one half inch. I've paved it over with an inset of white and gone back over the patch retracing the machine stitching that was there. If there's a better way of dealing with bleeding color, let me know.



2 comments:

mckittycat said...

Have you tried using colour catchers when you wash your quilts. They will often catch that extra dye and keep it out of the quilt. Two brands - Shout Color Catchers and Carbona color and dirt grabber . Mary Ann

Deb Lacativa said...

I never needed to before..but one sneaky piece of hand dye got in there with the commercial fabics..that 'ole devil fuschia. I will buy some tomorrow for the final wash.