Friday, November 16, 2012

the joy of being useful


Here they are, fresh from the dryer, all warm and nicely cobbled from the experience.



To me there is nothing quite as satisfying as completing a project that is useful, well made and fun to look at. Some little person is going to drag one of these two blankies around with them as long as they can get away with it. It will give warmth and comfort for many  years.

In my present frame of mind, all other studio activity seems self-indulgent and rather pointless.  These two will be for sale and I have another started that will be donated to the Red Cross hurricane relief.

I sent two quilts to Japan last year. I figure I owe NY at least the same effort.

2 comments:

Kit Lang said...

your quilts are lovely! I sent two of my baby quilts that were hanging around as well. It is a feel-good thing. :)

Ms. said...

Nwq York will be grateful, but may I suggest you investigate Hurricane Sandy Acts of Kindness before donating to the red cross.