Thursday, May 30, 2013

morning gloom



The racket of power equipment started with coffee this morning. The electric company has been prowling the neighborhood pruning and lopping trees that overhand or otherwise threaten the power lines which are still archaically strung from poles in this old neighborhood.

That tree on our next door neighbors front lawn has been leaning pretty much like that for a long time. When it does fall it's going to sweep down poles, wires, transformers and all.  Still, I'm happy they did not cut it down but merely manicured the front side..ridiculous if you know any geometry at all.


I went back to minding my own business only to run into a little resistance at the work table. Oh well, the light wasn't yet really optimal for hand stitching.



2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Hmmmm! Introducing fur into the mix? Interesting! ;-)

Vicky aka Stichr said...

funny me, i was so busy admiring the crocheted [?] bits when i saw this the other day, that i completely missed the furry bits under your arm...my furry being thinks her name is velcro as she clings to my shoulder through stitching and grandchild.