Friday, December 27, 2013

being bothered

While I was looking for something to face this with I was bothered by something about it and took it back to the sewing chair to study.

 I don't consciously compose my work, I generally select scraps of cloth and just move them around relative to one another until I like what I see.  People find things in my work that I never intended and that's ok.  Early on, I did acknowledge the figure front and center. What bothered me was that it was a solitary figure so I brought some other beings into play.


Much is written about the healing power of making art. I don't know about making any healing art myself but I've recently been given a piece of art that makes me smile every time I look at it.  I think you are really onto something here Bamboota.






1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

I know what came to mind the first time I saw the photo of your fiber piece, but didn't want to say anything. It's beautiful, though sad as well. As for the piece by Bamboota, it is darling!