Tuesday, November 10, 2015

respite


A little sunshine, a spoonful or two of kitten food and some water. Voodoo may be working on his tenth or eleventh life.

He curled up next to me  last night and I listened to him breathe, his purring like a locomotive idling in a siding. Little by little he quieted and the spaces between breaths grew so very long.

More sun and warmth for him tomorrow. He can watch me drag all those houseplants indoors. Winter will be hard on him this year.




It was clumsy, but I stitched with him in my lap for as long as I could hold the position. The swarms of french knots are working out nicely. There's always tape for cat hair.


1 comment:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Sounds like he's still fighting the good fight. I'm always encouraged if they take sustenance and seek attention. I worry when they isolate and don't eat...