Sunday, December 02, 2018

Better

 I turned off that part of the brain that plans, plots, nags, and worries. Took my medicine and stayed in bed. Mostly. The cold realized that I was an inhospitable host, packed his shit and left.
while I was laying around trying to ignore the cobwebs hanging everywhere, I pulled some cloth and thread from the river basket.

After a few false starts, I think I have something that speaks to me. Time will tell.

It's been a long time since I've built thread. Slowly is it the key. It didn't show up in this picture but there's a gold metallic in the mix to keep me in line.

3 comments:

Joanne S said...

You use a hoop. And you baste first. Things I might have to try.

Deb Lacativa said...

They were my grandmother's hoops. Maple, I think, a 6 and 7. I don't know what I'll do if the springs ever break. And yes, I pin first, then baste like crazy with a single thread of #12 Sulky cotton.

Joanne S said...

When I was a member of a local quilting chapter--we divided up the sewing things when a member died and I have a few hoops in many sizes. One other thing I miss about chapter meetings was the scrap table where unwanted fabric bits and pieces were piled up.