Saturday, October 08, 2022

A weekly

 


This was taken from the front lawn, just looking straight up through the big water oak. Here the leaves just brown off almost overnight and rain down. We don't rake them, they are too small. A few passes with the lawn mower will take care of them.




Charlie's school has a fall break. Just a few days, but they've been glorious. We've been to two of his two favorite parks and gone in a lot of circles now that he's discovered Balance. Next comes the bike. 





I've had a productive visit with the ortho doc. Procedures planned. Drugs doled out. Referrals for the dreaded physical therapy in play. I have to correct my thinking around that kind of work if I ever want to walk properly again. 

And I will. I need to if I ever want to get the next book up and running. I've tried to do things differently this time and plotting from a chair is NOT working. I need to be on my feet and write on the fly. That's where the stories spin from. Where the joy lives





I have a few pieces of cloth that will never be cut or stitched. They each remind me of how much serendipity matters. 




Bailey, Mr. B., aka Killah, gave me a few sleepless nights with something that made him growly and sullen. I hoped he only smoked the wrong sort of lizard or licked the wrong toad.

 I gave him 24 of self-care, cat style, before promising a trip to the vet. He did what he needed - sleep and fasting - and has come out the other side well, his feral highness restored.
At this time of year, there's no better place to catch up on missed sleep than to catch a nap in my car at the bus stop.


Milestone. I transcribed an inch-high stack of index cards into the computer today. 


5 comments:

Nancy said...

Love this kitty face and your blissful face!

Deb Lacativa said...

I was exhausted and the bus wasn't due for 20 minutes. Bailey slept on my feet displacing Salem who posted herself next to my pillow and complained all night. those little teeth chomping 'mews'. I couldn't turn over or stretch all night, two nights in a row.

Joanne S said...

I LOVE INDEX CARDS. I have a stack of them here on the desk. Always ready.

Deb Lacativa said...

I was winging scene notes. Prompts for the new story. I gave up trying to put them into any kind of order. As I copied them into Writer, I ripped them up.

Liz A said...

I've been hanging out in the dermatology parking lot quite a bit lately, as they still don't allow "visitors" in the patient waiting room ... and yeah, napping