Thursday, February 09, 2023

Eyes wide open

 






This sunny day from a couple of years ago reminded me how much I used to enjoy the deck off the master bedroom that overlooks the pool. It's in wretched disrepair. Unsafe. 
Plans are afoot to set it right. 









This expanse of heavy, vintage linen is going to be the base for something new. Something large, but I'm uncertain about leaving it white. 
  These players await my decision.



And the very last of the 2022 Dirty Threads are gone. Time to inventory the dyes and equipment. I'm also thinking about how I'm going to share the how-to going forward. 

5 comments:

Nancy said...

A blank canvas!! Hope you can enjoy the deck again soon :)

Joanne S said...

Each time you show a stretch of linen- I miss my shredded thin linen robe.....I WORE it out.
I have looked and do not find anything like it....people seem to prefer the plastic fabric of a poly robe.
I must have a length of white linen in the sheet closet-- perhaps ask someone who makes clothing to make me a robe? I also have a big boxy LINEN jacket- perhaps add a wide length to the bottom????
YES!!!! Well, that was a fantastic idea coming to me while writing to YOU!!!!

deemallon said...

The light in that marigold rug is everything!

jude said...

sharing has so many paths...

Unknown said...

Oooh….can’t wait for a tutorial!