Thursday, December 28, 2023

the need for change

We pulled over when we saw them on the hill.
 I  rolled down the window and honked out a passable donkey "Howdy!  They left off snacking and trotted right up to the fence. No reply but, the swiveling ears. I dub them Colorado and Maine.

The first week of winter break behind us, I'll have a long weekend at home and in the studio, then back to the county.

Change is in the air. I'd make a list, but that's the kiss of death. The things I've been thinking will come to life. 

Meanwhile, I'm spending this evening with Stanley Tucci looking for Italy in all the damned kitchens and restaurants. In Umbria, a squadra of women hunt boars.



 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Great names for those two!!

Liz A said...

Okay, it took me a sec to get it, but yeah … perfect names

Deb Lacativa said...

There are maybe a dozen of them including babies scattered throughout several large herds of cows. Not sure but I think they are some kind of predator protection. Donkey mafia.