Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Signs (updated)

      🐲 Yes, the Dirty Threads & Hot Scraps Page is missing~

                                                        ~Will be until Summer checks in. 🐲



 Crazy, but true. I'm putting this and all stitching projects on hold until I can make more threads. I realized this morning that a big part of the slowdown is me staring at what's left of the stash and not finding what the piece needs at any given moment. I don't want to settle, so, a pause. 

Something I've noticed. I need a wider range of VALUES no matter what the hue. 

Does anybody have any strange questions regarding my process? I'm starting to put together a tutorial. 

Do I really have to do a history?       (Why not, lazy bitch. Maybe you won't forget something important.)


Right here I have to remember that Less is Often More.


                                    According to the editing team, I have a lot of other things to do.



4 comments:

Joanne S said...

It's so the "Shoemaker has no Shoes" the thread maker has no thread.
I feel like sending you some of my stash!!!!!!

Liz A said...

I will be fascinated to read the history and how to of what you do to make your magical threads (and the cloths that accompany their making) ... that said, much like Baked Alaska, there are some things that I much prefer to purchase rather than make myself

Christine said...

I keep wondering about the lovely stitch you use when outlining shapes or doing letters.... Are you couching your dyed embroidery thread down for that or does the particular stitch just look like that? I love how it turns out looking striped.

Deb Lacativa said...

Christine
Here's The Stitch
https://morewgalo.blogspot.com/2020/05/that-stitch.html?m=1