Thursday, March 04, 2010

crocheted calm


I can't remember the last time the sky was clear for the full moon so this will do in it's place. I collect these, sort of, dessert plates in any pattern or white & blue. Long ago I had a full set of Blue Willow dishes. A full set of anything bores me these days.

Crochet was on my mind after reading
 EmilyBs blog.
Nothing inspiring jumped out of the scrap basket last night so rather than force the issue, I took a ball of cotton string and crochet hook and watched the first few contestants massacre music on A.Idol. I'm not caught up in it as in years past since I don't get to see it regularly. This year it looks as if the judges rounded up a lot of pretty faces with voices like howling cats. I kept waiting for Ashton Kutcher to come out on stage and tell the judges that they had been Punked.


This is serious string. You could probably hang yourself with two strands if you're petite. 12 ply I think, can't remember where it came from - not craft store stuff for sure. I used a big K hook and before I knew it there were three large cusspots. Yesterday I uncovered a large batch of the smaller ones.

I don't know what to do with them and they are breeding like rabbits.

I

2 comments:

arlee said...

serious indeed! for seriously STRONG language!!! maybe i need to take up some knotwork of a sort to tide me over until i know whats to be done next......

Tangled Stitch said...

These are lovely little baskets. Very sweet!