Wednesday, May 04, 2011

to show, or not to show

Baghdad Bazaar
Elizabeth Barton has written an excellent post about whether and where to show your work.

Great questions asked and I'm sure the answers/comments will be stacking up and full of insight.

I've started a very short list of fiber exhibits that I've decided to take a shot at this year but I am more inclined to look for mixed media art shows because entering textile shows is starting to feel like preaching to the choir. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I've gotten into any of the biggies and I will keep trying. I just want to reach out to a wider art audience.

Now to get off me arse and get my most recent work photographed and update my website. Ah, yes..the work!

My work has been through changes in both technique and direction since I last updated the website. These two pieces were part of the I-4 Corridor exhibit at the Peabody in Daytona in 2008. There have been a few others since then but it time to get busy or start giving away horse blankets.
Clubbin'

3 comments:

Elizabeth Barton said...

Such vigor!!! I love the Energy in your pieces! Elizabeth

Deb Lacativa said...

Thanks, E.
Note the dates..I look at these pieces and recall the making and wonder where my energy came from! But there's no crying in art-making. I have big scary things planned, just have to proceed in stages these days.

Diana Angus said...

Both are very lively and make the eye dance, but the second one is stunning! There is intimacy interspersed with the bold contrast. Bravo.