Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Libra at work



What I know Jimmy would want most for all of us is to find our feet. For me, that would be getting back into the studio in a significant way. I'm looking to find a balance between the warm draw of living in the past and stepping into the future mindfully.

Although I've been stitching here and there on little fripperies,  nothing comes to mind when I look at the design walls. Not even the desire to see. The studio is in total chaos - this one linear foot of wall space remains an inspiration complete with a fiber blessing by Grace of the West.






Once it warms up a bit, I'll work at restoring order and give the raw materials a chance to inspire.

My finances are in as much chaos as the studio so a lot of those raw materials will soon be available in the store.

There are really only so many hours in any day and I think I have other things on the horizon that are not wrapped in cloth and making.

4 comments:

Sherrie Spangler said...

You're still raw from the loss. Be gentle on yourself and know that time will gradually help you heal. My thoughts are with you, and I know your creative spirit will return.

Ms. said...

Your, so called. lottle fripperies are fantastic. If I were not also economically squeezed into a sparse corner, I'd be shopping at your place when the time came. Meanwhile, I wish your ease from the chaos, and pockets of peace to sustain you.

Nancy said...

What Sherrie and Michelle say.
There is a time for everything, even chaos. There's no hurry for healing, it will come and with it new inspirations.
Hugs to you.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i like the thought of

sensitive chaos

this would be an example