Saturday, May 02, 2015

10 shades of poppy

I'm opening the 2015 Lawrenceville Frankenstein Dyedeck with a commission, from an esteemed patron right here in the ATL she is going to be up to her tail in Poppy done in linens, damask and some cotton that looks snatched off a fast creature. I'll leave these to poach until tomorrow and hope I don't have to redye anything once they are rinsed, washed and dried.


I've been getting pretty smug about my pretty fingernails, so Murphy (He of the Law) slipped a defective glove in the box to put me in my place. Even with doubles...at least it wasn't green or black.

I considered the appropriate gesture for a moment, then remembered I had a tube of Reduran upstairs.

Dyefest 5.2 , part 2 continues tomorrow with the full rainbow cook-up.

2 comments:

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Hah! Even with heavy duty gloves, I get little pin pricks every once in awhile, and end up with an unsightly digit or two! Funny how the dyes look so beautiful on fabric, but so ugly on skin! ;-)

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i am GLAD
you are
back