Sunday, July 14, 2019

Back to the Night Gardener

 This has been on the design wall watching me work on other things.
 It holds no overt judgment, but smug up there in its dark patience, knowing I'll be back. That I'm already in thrall to it.

In some places, it's four layers thick including the fleece base. I won't stress my grandma's small embroidery hoops that way. The big, FA Edmunds holds it snug.
Some test stitching went through it all like a hot knife through butter. Or, I'm just a brute.


4 comments:

deemallon said...

I've killed my fingers stitching through too many layers. Sounds like this cloth is soft enough?

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i am a moth in this garden

Deb Lacativa said...

The cloths are old and open, soft. The base, polar fleece, acts as if it's not even there. The only rub with fleece is that it stretches in one direction so you have to plan the orientation of your piece if you are building directly to the base.

Deb Lacativa said...

There will be moths and fireflies