Sunday, March 22, 2009

Opening Day at the Lawrenceville Frankenstein Dyeworx

It's a good thing I have really tolerant neighbors. All they have to do is step outside and look left or right to see what I'm up to but in all the years I've been doing this there's been nary a peep, bless 'em.The deck reminded me of a few scenes from "Slumdog Millionaire". This stuff is all wet of course but since these pictures were taken, the sun has set and the dryer has tumbled and everything is very nearly as bright and intense as you are seeing it here. Not everything was perfect as is (see some murky looking buggers up there) and other "things" will be happening to even the perky colors. I'm not in an entirely perky mood design wise but I'm grateful to have all of these as a starting place. The Chino came out wonderful after I gave it a healthy dose of Golden Yellow. Jude sent me a piece of gauze like cotton weave that came out glorious with that blend. I even overdyed a blouse from last year that was disappointingly and unbearably minty...now a rich leaf green.

4 comments:

pcoxdesign said...

I love that rust colored piece! The third from the left.
What a great looking group of fabrics!

Ann Christy said...

They all look scrumptious!

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Great colors! You make me look like a piker! I was dyeing scraps of crinkle cloth yesterday in margerine tubs... not quite the production you put on!
Judy

Natalya Khorover Aikens said...

i LOVE your deck, wish i had a neighbor like you.... fabulous color!