Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Social Networking


Talk about your slow cloth. I've been dragging this one around with me since the middle of December. Colin pointed out my usual value issues and rather than paint or stitch to amend them, I'm going to mount this one on a canvas leaving a two or three inch border and paint it a flat gunmetal gray. Finding the right size canvas will be the trick.

I've joined Slow Cloth on FB and am amazed at the lively conversation taking place around what's normally a solitary and contemplative pursuit. My personal reasons for working in this manner are purely practical, in fact, almost enforced by circumstances. I don't have a whole lot to say about it but it's interesting and fun to see what others are thinking and doing.

         Sweetie and Colin

6 comments:

jude said...

i like that some of the dots are trying to hide, thanks for joining and give sweetie a hug for me.

Tangled Stitch said...

Slow cloth that's intriguing. There is something so wonderfully meditative about handwork. I love the piece and the gent is very handsome and so is the cat!

Deb Lacativa said...

That's my oldest son, Colin and the newest member of the family, Sweetie.

Phyllis said...

This piece is such a gem! Is it for sale?? xoxoto Sweetie.

Deb Lacativa said...

It will be once it's finished. I'm still thinking about fixing it to a canvas with acrylic medium. It will change some. For now, I'll let it be.

Catherine V. Bainbridge said...

I adore this! Makes me think of atoms colliding as they are being heated... and cells (in my case, maybe the cells are doing the same thing as the atoms!) But I think you should be bold and paint the canvas border in that deep blood red... tangerine... black... or maybe all of those combined with cream, into a checker-board motif,or maybe I am getting carried away by the kinetic energy of this piece? in anycase, it's lovely, and gun metal grey will probably keep it balanced! :)