Wednesday, August 18, 2010

honor thy process



My scant creative time has lately been eaten up by hand stitching on two ongoing, large projects and I find myself getting antsy. It's been so long since I've started something new that I needed remind myself how.

While looking for something else in the archives I found the post above. It took a few seconds for me to remember that after a long time staring at those fabrics as they hung on the wall in the bedroom (I used to just stare at them before falling asleep when I woke up) they sorted themselves out to this, one of my favorites, "Hopped Up". It's time to take some things out of the piles of fabric and hang them up for my mind's eye to doodle with.




2 comments:

Karoda said...

(said in a voice of mystery) The inner eye knows!

Diane Perin said...

I really love the piece here, and it's a good reminder to just let fabrics visually percolate to inspire. I need to do this more often too. Thanks for the reminder!