Friday, March 04, 2011

the arc

During my morning blogcrawl the arc in Jude's work in progress caught my eye and made me wonder about why such a simple shape has so much appeal for me. I've been using it a lot in my own work lately. I'm sure it's nothing more than the biggest shape I can draw in one swipe reaching in all directions at once.
Casting the circle, setting up the boundary of my influence.

Stop over at Wake Robin where Velma has posted several more incredible photographs. I could babble on in artspeak for hours about the second chipmunk shot taken through the screen, but just zoom in on it yourself and take in all the tiny little things that make it so compelling to look at from those two snow sparkles, the light in his eye, the arc of his ear and the cruciform shape on his back. Just marvelous.

No comments: