Wednesday, March 02, 2011

back in harness

As much as I enjoyed seeing my family in NY, it was good to come home to my crew in GA, February in NY is plain nasty.

I'm just now shaking off the effects of the flight home. The plane seemed to be waddling through the air, like riding in a bowl of jello, and that would have been ok but for a nearby unhappy child. Unhappy because she needed a diaper change even before we boarded. Twice I saw my hand reaching for the paper bag and twice I told myself "you won't feel any better afterword so don't do it" It was very good to touch down in the ATL.

There's much to look forward to and plan for. An invitation for a group fiber exhibit here, AQE to plan for in the fall. Closer in, a big sale at OHCO this weekend - imagine, piles of fabric pushed around by little bulldozers....



I'm taking small steps with this one making each stitch count for a lot.

The dragonfly quilt has come back from NY with me for repairs. It's nice to have a day off in the middle of the week and needful things to do.

2 comments:

arlee said...

i like that pseudopod/wave at the bottom--nice treatment and shape--the stitching is perfect for that! is it a metallic organza?

Deb Lacativa said...

Metallic organza? Seems like a reasonable guess but I have no clue.
I had a little packet of swatches, and used the last three on this piece.