Wednesday, July 25, 2012

making ready (part 2)



There's much list making and scampering around going on but everything feels under control. I bought a variety of hanging rods and fixtures yesterday and over the next few days we'll experiment on our own naked walls to see what works best. The business cards should come in today, cross your fingers.

I've gathered up a squad of smallish, unmounted pieces that I am going to attach two a neutral cloth banner which will hang from it's own rod, two or three pieces per banner.

I found several small things that were left unfinished and reminded me, like this one, what I love about what I do. These are pieces of hand dyed silk organdy and cotton gauze stitched over what might be linen.

2 comments:

Els said...

Mmmmmmm love this one, Deb !

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

i love ALL THIS, Deb...the
swirl and twirl of the readying
for Cloth to be SEEN, in PUBLIC.
just love this.
i am breathless, watching....