Thursday, July 18, 2013

blessed hump day off


I love my day off.
The morning was given over to studio business - no art making but two Big Deals that I will write about as soon as there is more information.

I met my future daughter-in-law for lunch and handed over my contact list for the wedding. We only had a scant hour so I came prepared with a list of questions..check, check and check.
Missy is super organized which has to help minimize the stress. I've been tasked with making a set of garters in teal and black! I think I can handle it.



Home in time to enjoy the pool before the skies clouded over in preparation for the afternoon/evening weather event.

We beat it out the door for the trivia joint just ahead of a wicked thunderstorm. Pulled a few answers out of our hats (what the heck is a pollux) and came in second.



While I was looking for something else, this image popped into my brain. Dyepainted at my last session at EB's studio, I took a picture but forgot to set the colors with soda ash. When it came out of the washing machine, it was gone.  I may take a shot or two at recreating it when I have the next dyefest.

 

2 comments:

Nancy said...

So, what the heck is a Trivia Joint? Haha
Sounds fun though.
We ate in an Applebee's in Colorado once that had a trivia contest for all the patrons!! It was wacky fun :)

Deb Lacativa said...

We a have authentic NY style pizza place not five minutes away - a huge find here in GA- and on Wed. evening they have a trivia night. It's all for fun. You play while eating terrific food and you might win 5 or 10 bucks if you read the newsapaper or a book once in a while. There are four to six teams, mostly families who make it a weekly thing..a nice, easy change of pace.