Tuesday, October 11, 2016

gratitude and the coat project

One of my favorite pictures popped up in FB this morning. I have it as a screen saver on my cell phone. Now that little baby looks at it and says, "Nana and baby Charlie....awww."

The picture comes from an old post that I make a point of revisiting around this time of year, as a gift to myself.

So I started work on that coat. Found a selection of gaudy two-toned rayons that just dazzled me until I'd spent a few hours pinning them up and down one lapel of the coat. I was reminded of the recent spate of evil clown sightings and have changed my mind about using strong color. Back to the baskets.

2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

like him, i say awwww, Nana and Baby Charlie

i curl IN to this photograph, you him your eyes, both, so full of
what it is to be Nana and Baby Charlie

i love you, Deb

Ms. said...

That photograph is truly the lovliest image...and, Yes...Fall is that time of year when the past seeps into the present with reminders to help us keep on keeping on...for the love we lost and the love we contain within us. I too have been looking back and gleaning snippets from what's already been.

Meanwhile, I think it's wise of you to decide against the 'clown' look. Sew on.