Thursday, January 12, 2017

ennui

"a feeling of listlessness and dissatisfaction arising from a lack of occupation or excitement."

I took enough French in high school to know what "le mot juste" means. They usually have a beautiful word for something shitty. "Ennui" is one of them. I'm not usually prone to such nonsense. I guess, at this time of year, it's better than the flu.

I know I've been awol here for some time. Little to nothing to report on the fiber front other than I'm still in the process of repurposing the studio. Not phasing out fiber entirely. Just looking for a clean slate I guess. The
Closet from Hell has been sorted and ordered, mostly. My biggest issue if dealing with the storage of finished work. 

I have made the decision to do any further reporting here, doing everything I can to get away from the depressing quagmire called FB. And I used to think that online scrabble was a time suck! Instead of bitching I'm going to mine it for the good stuff and provide the linkage here, even if it's only for my own amusement. 

So, stand by, things will be picking up around here shortly. What and how remains to be seen but, I'm going back to being my own best audience, regardless of what  

5 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

am always here, hanging around, waiting for you.....
xoxoxoxoxoxox etc

Unknown said...

I always look forward to your posts; I know they will be smart, funny and honest, not to mention colorful!

Deb Lacativa said...

Thank you both. Way to hold my feet to the fire!! Color I have here....somewhere.

Ms. said...

i picked up a serendipitous score of 3 "Absolutely Fabulous" videos from the thrift where I was depositing my unwanteds....$3 and hours of entertainment of the perfect snarky sort that will keep my mind off the horrors hurtling toward Washington :-->

Judy Sall Fiber Art said...

Glad to see you back... your posts have been missed! Once in awhile, we all have to take a break. I get you re: FB... sadly had to unfollow a long-time friend who has gone over the deep end, and I will always love her... just can't read any more toxic b.s. Trying to play with paints and paper right now, but miss my fabrics and dyes! Once a fiber junky... well, you know!