Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Memorial memory

 Jim's been gone seven years now. We used to sit together and watch TV. He watched. I stitched.

As I'm studying this one now, I remembered him asking, "What are these evil little fuckers up to?" 



There was something sinister going on but I didn't know it. Just a tone that came through. A mood.

I almost chucked this one because I didn't like the way the random seed stitches looked, but I was too lazy to pick them all away. 

Then I sacrificed it to the Fiber Mummy experiment. Given that ten years have passed and it's still pristine, I'd say the experiment was a success.


The plan is to mount some of the ever-growing pile of small, stitched pieces on canvas using the same technique. 

The intention, of course, to take them from bits of fancy work to Art, more consumable by the masses.



Jim would be out looking for canvases for me or building the odd sizes I needed.

He always knew my moods even when I didn't. I will always miss him.


6 comments:

Liz A said...

sending you a hug ...

Joanne S said...

Thru the years I have loved reading your shared memories of Jim and seeing your photos.
A love like yours- is one for eternity.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

if some being had never seen it and said....show me Love....
this would be it

Hazel said...

Wonderful work and memory. Love to you.

Deb Lacativa said...

Thank you all.

Nancy said...

Deb, I missed this post, but I have had you on my mind. For a reason I guess. Sending hugs for you in your time of remembering and for always. xo