Friday, May 28, 2021

A smooth and gentle Friday

 

One of these days I'll have a phone that will see what I see in the dark. The moon was setting through the trees and the sky was still dark. A shift in temperature had caused all the night speakers to go quiet. I was off to get Charlie. 



It was a big day for House Lacativa. 
A lawyer came to the house and I put my pawprint on a lot of paper to finalize the refinance of the mortgage. Imagine a closing taking all of ten minutes! The interest rate is half of what I was paying before and I took some equity out for some much-needed and long delayed repairs. Now to start lining up legit contractors for the stuff Colin can't do himself. 


Charlie wanted to know why the Businessman (he had a briefcase) did not wear a black robe. A long conversation ensued about judges, courts, etc. It's always word domino with him and I love it. 





No school and no organized daycare this week, but that's okay. As of next week, we'll keep company only on Wednesdays. Perhaps more as things shift for me, workwise.

A fan of Waffle (Awful) House, he gave in to my suggestion of someplace a step up to celebrate the end of school. We both struggled to get the word "croissant" out of our mouths with the proper accent, but he had no problem fitting one into his mouth.




For those who have been enjoying the Briscoe Field sunsets that Colin shoots almost nightly, this will be among the last for a while. His shift is changing to the overnight, so we'll see what magic he works with sunrises in the days ahead.


4 comments:

deemallon said...

Nice haircut on Charlie!

Deb Lacativa said...

I'm glad they left him his topknot to twist. He still does that if he's tire or anxious.

Liz A said...

thank goodness we actually like our grands' favorite burger joint ... and I couldn't help thinking "real men eat croissant" ...

Nancy said...

That Charlie is so adorable!! Beautiful sky, again.