Saturday, May 01, 2021

second chances

 

Making Dirty Threads is not science. There are so many variables. Forget one thing and you get some epic fails. 

Too muddy, splotchy, pale. Bad color choices. Dyes (the way I use them) are a lot like pottery glazes. What you see in the container is rarely what you get once things are rinsed and dried.

So I set aside the Uglies and when the spirit moves me, I give them another run. The new process is working out well, especially for do-overs.

This bunch was a minute of my frazzled patience away from being cut off the cards. One vicious swipe down the center with the big shears into a pile of two inch strings to go into the trash. 

I took the time to save them and I'm glad I did. They'll be up in the store shortly. 

But today is for other things. Family and home. Balm and bane. 

It's a beautiful day. Nothing will grow here but grass, there's so little sun. The mailbox garden will be exploding with color within the week, fingers crossed.




6 comments:

wordybird said...

these threads look amazing!

Joanne S said...

I stopped to look at the grass photo for four leafed clover.
Our lawn is not this lush- ever. And the second try thread is quite spectacular.
As are YOU!!!

Deb Lacativa said...

Thanks The 4leaf clovers grow just out the frame to the left and up closer to the crape myrtle grove. The grass got cut an hour later. The former owners must have bought premium sod and the garage was wall to wall with containers of fertilizer and weed killers when we first looked at the place. The lawn was like a golf green. I made them take all the poison with them.

That was 23 years ago. We do nothing but cut it. Not even raked in the fall.

Hazel said...

There are some real jewels in this batch. Please don't ever take the scissors to your threads! Send them here, come summer I'll dip them into indigo for you. Blue, like duct tape, can fix most things.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

the threads are GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Deb Lacativa said...

Thank you,All. Hazel - I will be growing both Japanese and Ossabow Island indigo this year.